Wednesday, 8 June 2011
Accidents and ill health caused by work cost time and money. A good health and safety regime for your business ensures your hard earned profits stay in the bank and are not spent on accident or illness related problems, each time they happen.
Work accidents and ill health can be expensive. Stopping them happening can save you time and money. The smaller your business the bigger the impact will be if a member of your staff has a serious accident, or is off sick for an extended period of time. It could even put you out of business.
There are several important areas to consider if you want to reduce the cost of ill health or accidents caused by the working environment.
Come along to the free small business health & safety awareness seminar in Swansea 30th June 2011. Contact email@example.com for deatials.
Tuesday, 7 June 2011
When am I at risk?You are mostly at risk when:
- You are working on an unfamiliar site
- The building you are working on was built before the year 2000
- Asbestos-containing materials were not identified before the job was started
- Asbestos-containing materials were identified but this information was not passed on by the people in charge to the people doing the work
- You don’t know how to recognise and work safely with asbestos
- You know how to work safely with asbestos but you choose to put yourself at risk by not following proper precautions, perhaps to save time or because no one else is following proper procedures
- You can’t see or smell asbestos fibres in the air.
- The effects of asbestos take many years to show up - avoid breathing it in now.
- Smoking increases the risk many times.
- Asbestos is only a danger when fibres are made airborne